Today for Market Monday I wanted to share with you my new favorite toy. I have been saving for this bad boy for a little while. After watching the documentary, “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” I decided I needed a juicer. But not just any juicer, the mac daddy of them ALL, the Vitamix 6300. It has the ability to do WAY more than just juice. It makes smoothies, ice cream, hot soups, breads, it grinds grains, shreds cheese, makes nut butters and the list goes on and on. I am in LOVE.
Here is the one I bought on Amazon, although I bought mine at Costco during a Vitamix Show.
My 12-year-old thinks she is allergic to avocados and bananas. She is always telling me her mouth feels weird when she eats them. I have talked to her allergist and he said it could be the pollen but she is most likely not allergic. We have had all kinds of tests done. Just clearing that up so you don’t think I’m feeding my kid stuff she shouldn’t have, haha. I KNEW she just didn’t want to eat these two things because she has a texture thing going on and they both have the same “feel” in your mouth. I tested my theory last night….(insert evil laugh) MUUAHAHAHA!!!! If you know her, PLEASE do not tell her any of this! It will ruin my evil plan!! That’s right people, I snuck avocado in chocolate ice cream and they had no clue. They were even BEGGING for more!!
Don’t think you must have a Vitamix to make this. A regular blender will do the trick. Oh… And the cookie…..YUMMO. Gluten Free, Dairy Free chocolate chip with tons of calcium and healthy fat. I will be sharing that recipe soon!
- 1 RIPE AVOCADO HALVED AND PITTED
- 1 AND 1/2 CUPS OF ALMOND MILK OR COCONUT MILK
- 3 TABLESPOONS ORGANIC COCOA POWDER
- 1/4TH CUP COCONUT SUGAR OR 1/2 TEASPOON STEVIA DROPS
- 2 TABLESPOONS NON DAIRY CHOCOLATE CHIPS ( WE USE ENJOY LIFE)
- 1 TABLESPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
- 12 ICECUBES
- ADD MILK TO VITAMIX OR BLENDER THEN EVERYTHING ELSE. IF USING A VITAMIX PUT IT ON THE FROZEN DESSERT SETTING. IF USING A BLENDER YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WORK WITH IT UNTIL IT IS SMOOTH. IN THE VITAMIX YOU WILL NEED TO USE THE TAMPER. IN A BLENDER YOU MAY NEED TO STOP AND PUSH EVERYTHING DOWN TOWARDS THE BLADES SEVERAL TIMES.
- ONCE SMOOTH, GARNISH WITH MORE CHOCOLATE CHIPS